Monday, February 21, 2022

NEDA week 2022

 Get excited!! Today begins my favorite week of the year, NEDA week. For those of you who don’t know, NEDA week is National Eating Disorder Awareness week. Seven years ago, I did something really hard and really crazy and really freeing; I publicly shared my story of anorexia and some of my journey to being fully recovered and completely free. For those of you who weren’t around back then, I would absolutely love for you to read those old posts. You can find them beginning here. At the bottom left of the page, there is a button that says “newer posts.” Click that for the next day’s post. I think there are 7 or 8 each year.

https://myheart4haiti.blogspot.com/2015/02/not-everyone-with-eating-disorder.html

The following year, I did another series, which begins here:

https://myheart4haiti.blogspot.com/2016/02/recovery-is-worth-it.html

In 2017, I switched things up and started making videos, all of which are linked in this post:

https://myheart4haiti.blogspot.com/2017/03/national-eating-disorder-awareness-week.html

 

This year, I’m picking up the pen again to write not about my struggle with anorexia, but about the recovery process. The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Everyone’s journey through recovery looks different. Some people do it with therapy and nutritionists. Some people do it in treatment facilities. Sometimes I wish that had been my path. Instead, I often journeyed in silence. I stumbled through the process, just God and me. When I finally let people in…even though it was just a few…is when I really turned a corner. But I’m getting ahead of myself. Those stories will have to wait. For now, I just want you to know that there is hope, there is healing, there is freedom. And there is no one-size fits all way to recover.

 

Get excited! This is gonna be an epic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment