Wednesday, November 22, 2017

A heart full of thanks

I was so lucky this year.  Our 'Around the World - USA' unit happened to coincide perfectly with Thanksgiving (That NEVER happens.  Usually we don't start our Around the World unit until later in the year.)

So being the well-planned teacher that I am (okay, fine...being the LUCKY teacher that I am), I got to spend the past week talking to my Haitian kiddos about thankfulness and how we celebrate thankfulness in America.

Even though these guys won't be celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow, they couldn't wait to tell you all the things they are thankful for...











This thanksgiving season, I am so thankful for my class.  We have our fair share of both laughter and tears, but these sweet kiddos make getting out of bed worth it every day.

Like Jonathon, I am thankful for God's grace.  Because life is hard.  Orphan care is hard.  International missions is hard.  Just adulting is hard.  But God's grace covers it all.

I am thankful for you.  My friends.  My family.  My prayer warriors.  You are my tribe and I am forever grateful for your presence in my life.

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. Your students are precious--and so are you, Erin! We are thankful for you, and we are wishing you a "Happy Thanksgiving!"

    ReplyDelete