Saturday, March 26, 2016

An Easter Tradition

Every year for as long as I can remember, my mom and I have decorated Easter eggs.  We have used everything from regular grocery store Easter egg dying packets to melted crayons, glitter glue, and sequins.


This American tradition is something very dear to my heart.  Today, I was blessed to take this tradition one step farther and share it with kids who have never dyed eggs before.

It all started with 90 eggs and 2 HUGE pots.



Then, in the shade of two cocoa trees, we talked to the kids about Easter.  I explained that eggs - from which new chicks are born - remind us of the resurrection of Christ and the new life we have in Him.

Next, we showed the kids (5-10 kids at a time) how to color the eggs with white crayons, then dunk them in dyed water.






It was a huge hit.

They enjoyed the process...........






........and the yummy finished product!


No comments:

Post a Comment