Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Life as a Princess

Today, I watched Frozen with some of my kids.

Later this afternoon while she was braiding my hair, 10-year-old Jhaskiline leaned over and whispered quietly in my ear, "you're a princess."

Then, I was sitting on the front porch with 4-year-old Naelle when she looked at me and said simply, "you're so beautiful."

It wasn't until hours later that I was touched by these two comments.
As I thought about it, I realized that I am beautiful because I am made in my Father's image.  And if my Father is the King of kings, that makes me a princess.

I am a beautiful princess.

I often need reminding of this.  Today, the reminder was in the honest voice of a 4-year-old and the gentle whisper of a 10-year-old.

What a wonderful way to be reminded.


No comments:

Post a Comment