Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Messy Obedience

     Messy obedience.
     I love that phrase.
     Messy obedience is the realization that I cannot just sit around and wait until I see the big picture before I act on what God has for me.  It's the understanding that I'm going to make mistakes...and that's okay.  It's the commitment to follow Christ even when I don't know what I'm doing.  It's hearing the voice of the Shepherd and pursuing it, regardless of how much I know...or don't know.  It's looking back on the things I've done and choosing to not regret, because every step - though messy and uncertain - was taken in faith.  And it brought me to here - exactly where God wants me
     God never promised that it would be easy or clean, but He did promise that it would be worth it.
     And it always is.

2 comments:

  1. I love that phrase too! Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to Melody for the phrase and inspiration!

      Delete